For our Monday Munchies recipe I threw together these amazing Barbecue Southwest Buddha Bowls and they were so yummy!
This recipe makes about 4 servings, so its a great one for meal prep if it’s just you, or great for the family.
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 heaping cups of raw spinach
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of G Hughes Smokehouse Sugar Free Hickory Flavored BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup of G Hughes Smokehouse Sugar Free Hickory Flavored BBQ Sauce
- Garlic salt to taste
- Cumin to taste
- In a cast iron skillet warm 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of barbecue sauce. Add corn, onions, bell peppers, chickpeas and black beans and stir.
- Stir continually while cooking to get full coverage of the barbecue sauce and oil.
- Cook for about three to five minutes until veggies are beginning to soften and then add tomato, garlic, cumin, and the remainder of barbecue sauce. Stir until all ingredients are fully coated in sauce.
- Put in individual bowls for serving. Top with spinach off to one side. Ready to serve.