About a year ago in March, I made the decision and goal to cut out all sugar, chocolate, grains, and Dairy for a month to hopefully get my body and systems back on track and break the chocolate addition I had been struggling with. I mean of all the things to be addicted to, I’d rather it be that but I still didn’t want my life to be run by junk food anymore. I would eat super healthy and then binge oreos and ghiradelli squares which is just not good and I think the only thing that was going to make a difference is I just went cold turkey. But in order to do that I made a pact that I was going to cook more delicious things, more often. The first day of this new food adventure, I tried an amazing Breakfast and I loved it so much that to this day it is one of my absolute favorites! So I had to share!
These waffles are Paleo friendly, clean eating friendly, Whole 30 friendly, and 100% all natural from scratch. And they take like 5-10 minutes to prep and 10-15 minutes to cook. This recipe makes four waffles and serves two people.
- 4 large full eggs & 2 large egg white
- 1 medium uncooked sweet potato, grated
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- Oil (for greasing pan and waffle iron)
- 1 cup uncooked spinach
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- Grease the Waffle Iron and Frying Pan well with Olive Oil, and allow both to heat up.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk 1 egg and 1 egg whites. Add in grated sweet potato–should be around 1 heaping cup full, and stir until fully mixed and egg has covered all of sweet potato hash. Then spoon the mixture into the waffle iron, covering the full surface and not overlapping.
- While that is cooking, crack two eggs into your frying pan and fry them sunny side up. The Egg yolk adds a dressing and moisture to the dish so make sure to keep the yolk runny while cooking the rest of the egg white.
- Once your first batch of sweet potato waffles are ready gently remove with butter knife and transfer to plate.
- Return to your waffle iron and repeat Step 2 with the rest of your sweet potato and egg for the second serving.
- Repeat Step 4 with your final batch of waffles
- Layer on spinach, fried egg, tomato, and avocado slices. Finish with Garlic Salt.